- This event has passed.
Adolescent Accelerated Reading Initiative (Grades 3-12) Day 11
March 1, 2016 @ 4:30 pm
AARI is an accelerated expository reading initiative focused on academic literacy and critical thinking, designed as a short term intervention to drastically improve academic outcomes in students in grades 3-12.
What is the teaching approach?
- Responsive teaching
- Critical methods of questioning
- Textual analysis and making thinking visible
- Building effective learning communities
Who will benefit?
- Students below grade level in reading comprehension
- At risk students
- English Language Learners
- Special Education students
What is required?
- Administrative support and approval to teach a small class (fewer than 10 students)
- Students grouped by current reading level
- Commitment to ongoing professional learning and growth
For information regarding professional development, contact:
Dalyce Beegle (248)209.2226